Turn Two Communications
ARTISTS SUNDAY™ NATIONAL ART SHOPPING MOVEMENT
Artists and Organizations Across the United States Unite to Encourage Consumers to Shop with Artists and Craftsmen the Sunday after Thanksgiving
A nationwide alliance of artisans, craftsmen, municipalities, counties, states and non-profit organizations across the country are uniting to encourage consumers to shop the arts on Artists Sunday, November 29, 2020. The powerful new campaign is designed to make the Sunday after Thanksgiving the arts’ most profitable day of the year this holiday season alongside Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday and Giving Tuesday.
Launched this year, Artists Sunday encourages shoppers to purchase artwork and hand-crafted items from individual artists. The movement unites artists and supportive organizations across the country, effectively creating a voice of thousands, all promoting the purchase of art.
“Art can be decorative and a lasting legacy, but it can also be much more than that; art can be practical, useful and used every day,” says Christopher Sherman, Artists Sunday’s Executive Director. “We are encouraging consumers to shop with artists both local and nationally, for people to ‘shop art’ this Artists Sunday, November 29, 2020, and give something special, unique and hand-crafted this holiday season.”
Free Participation for Artists, Organizations and Agencies
Participation is free to all commercial artists and craftsmen as well as non-commercial organizations and agencies that support artists. Participants receive a comprehensive marketing toolkit, enabling them to generate buzz and awareness as the holiday season approaches. A national public relations campaign will focus consumer attention on the effort with the goal of expanding beyond traditional art buyers and bringing new customers to artists and craftsmen.
Artists representing a wide variety of mediums, from the traditional visual and preforming arts to unique artisans creating a wide variety of handmade items for sale, are welcome to join for free. All participating artists are included in the Artists Sunday Directory, a resource allowing consumers to search for artists by name, type of work and city, state and country. If an artist has a Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account, those icons will appear with their listing. Artists can join the movement at http://artistssunday.com/artists/
Non-commercial organizations that support artists are welcome to join the Artists Sunday Partners program for free. Qualifying organizations include local arts districts, state agencies, counties, chambers of commerce, national organizations, associations, municipalities, and non-profit community groups across the country. Organizations can sign up as a partner at https://artistssunday.com/partner/
The Artists Sunday movement is funded by sponsors and private individuals. Commercial businesses are welcome to sponsor and show their support for artists and benefit from everything that Artists Sunday has to offer. Sponsors celebrate the diversity of artists and craftsmen across the United States and recognize the importance of supporting artists, the jobs they help create, and the culture they build in their local communities.
Artists Sunday Marketing Toolkit Details
A primary promotional component of the Artists Sunday program is the Artists Sunday Toolkit. Toolkits are issued to all Artists and Partner members in late September. The toolkit is a digital packet that includes marketing copy, graphics, logos, sales best practices and more. The kit allows for marketing flexibility and creativity but it also provides a guiding hand so all Artists Sunday alliance members share the same key, unified message across the country, making for a strong, inviting message that resonates with consumers.
Artist Sunday Partners Toolkit includes:
- Marketing Strategy Playbook. The playbook for maintaining the integrity of Artists Sunday.
- Spread the Word Checklist. Raise awareness and engagement for the movement.
- Engagement Timeline. Your roadmap to a successful Artists Sunday.
- Press Release Template. Everything you need to announce your plans to media outlets.
- Email Templates. Templates to fill your audience in on how to support you this Artists Sunday.
- Social Media Templates. Take full advantage of social media to engage with your community.
- Blog Post Template. Highlight your efforts and give details about the Artists Sunday and your holiday promotions
- E-Commerce Holiday Best Practices Checklist. Learn how to make more sales online.
- Web Banners and Badges Let everyone know you are participating in Artists Sunday.
- Event Production Checklist. Put on an event like a pro by checking off everything a good event needs.
- Artist Best Practice Tips:
- Accepting Commission Work: Things to Consider Before Saying Yes
- Tips for Hosting a Booth at an Event
- Tips for Engaging with Rude Customers
- Tips for Creating an Excellent Artist Introductory Video
- and more.
About Artists Sunday
Artists Sunday is a nationwide alliance of professional artists, non-profit agencies, community organizations, and sponsors encouraging consumers to shop with artists, artisans and craftspeople. This artist-focused day takes place annually on the Sunday after Thanksgiving – the busiest shopping weekend of the year. Shoppers support local professional artists, find unique, personal gifts for their loved ones, and purchase something handmade. To learn more about Artists Sunday artists, partners, sponsors, or get involved visit ArtistsSunday.com. #ArtistsSunday #ShopArt